In Women with Vision

Stretch yourself and embrace the possibilities


Anyone who knows me knows that I am a feminist… I believe in the social, political and economical equality. We live at a time where everything is achievable- give yourself the means and the possibilities are endless.

I had this beautiful career, I had conditioned myself to always want more, always do more and I would be successful. Sure some level of success did happen. Nevertheless the reality of it was different. I was caught in a rat race where I was slowly losing the essence of who I was as an individual. Struggling and fighting with myself to bring out my potential. Until the obvious happened, I didn’t know who I was anymore and what I had once wanted had lost its meaning.
What had seemed like a highway to a successful career had turned out to be the very opposite. My beliefs had been shaken and my definition of success reshaped. I was left with my broken pieces trying to find meaning in it all. Wake up calls can be harsh sometimes, well mine was violent…!
With time, patience, love and an immeasurable amount of Kleenex, I sifted through my experience of life. I learned to accept myself (the good, the bad and the ugly), I redefined my understanding of success, and I pushed through it all. Now, anyone who has been in that space knows that with some level of enlightening comes an equal amount of self doubt. How do I know that this time will be the good one? How can I be sure that I will not hurt myself again? What if they don’t like the “new” me? Will I be successful this time?
Well the truth is that I have no guarantees, unless I try, unless I put myself out there, unless I allow myself to be vulnerable I will not know what’s waiting for me on the other side of fear. I believe that everything has a reason, a purpose and a destiny. Life happens for us to reveal our highest selves. 
Just like me, there are other women out there who can relate to my experience. So to all of you amazing ladies, here’s my word of wisdom to you:


Embrace who you are, stop thinking that you are not enough and show your true colors to the world. Take the risks, stretch yourself and embrace the possibilities. 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mauritian Islander who is sharing her vision of the world, her hopes, her dreams and her thirst to make a difference. Share and comment if you enjoyed!