In Positive Mindfulness

Love yourself! Yes, this is for you…



Yes my ladies, my beautiful, worthy, exceptional beautiful women, LOVE YOURSELF!!!!

Dearest readers,

We hear it all the time, we are flooded with messages from different media platforms and yet, women struggle with “self love”.
Myself included! I took quite some time to understand its meaning and at times I still believe I haven’t grasped the whole concept yet. So far, I understood that we should all create a space within ourselves where we are capable of loving ourselves unconditionally and selflessly. And that nobody’s opinion of us should affect how we feel about ourselves. Easier said than done, right?!

A small anecdote, last week-end I bumped into a friend I hadn’t seen in months. The moment we saw each other, we jumped into each other’s arms so happy from the unexpectedness of the meeting. She complimented me of how good I looked (the last time she saw me, I was tired and overworked!! Yeah puffed eyes and all) and the next thing she said to me was how she took on 6kgs during the past 2 months.

Looking back at it now, I wonder why women voluntarily put themselves down. Honestly, those 6 kilos, you wouldn’t even notice where they fitted on her body. To me she looked the same!!! She was the same person I knew- kind, smart, and hilarious with a big heart. My point being that we are so used to criticizing ourselves that we constantly do it whether consciously or not.

So perhaps, the first step to self-love is to stop criticizing our bodies; because we feel that we don’t meet society’s expectations. We should learn to be compassionate with ourselves. And to that, I would like to quote Ashley Graham, who I think is doing an incredible work at sending body positive messages:


We can all benefit from a little self affirmation every once in a while. There is nothing better than talking ourselves into loving ourselves! Now, don’t get me wrong, it is still work and it is a process in itself. However, it’s time to change the way we perceive physical beauty, maybe it’s time to change the message to Healthy & Happy; thus accepting that beauty comes in different shapes and sizes. 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Mauritian Islander who is sharing her vision of the world, her hopes, her dreams and her thirst to make a difference. Share and comment if you enjoyed!